Sunday 12 June 2016

30 Days Wild: Day 12

30 Days Wild: Day 12
Two Minute Beach Clean 

I know that litter is left behind by visitors, but I also felt that if my local council emptied the bins along the sea front more regularly then litter would have less chance of getting onto the beach. I saw a bin near where I was litter picking which had overflowed onto the surrounding area. All it then needs is the wind to blow this litter onto the beach.

So, get your act together Worthing and Adur Council. Spend more on keeping the bins empty and less on cutting the wild flowers from my local park!

I did the litter pick on the Worthing/Ferring border. Here is what I picked up in 2 minutes. Relatively a small amount, but the potential for a lot more if the wind blows the litter from the overflowed bin everywhere.


 

2 comments:

  1. That's not good - so even the people who were conscientious enough to put their rubbish in the bin will end up littering without their knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless they put their rubbish next to the full bin! I sent a tweet to the council and did get a reply!

      Delete