Friday 3 June 2016

30 Days Wild: Day 3


30 Days Wild: Day 3
Follow a Bumblebee

I  was going to do something completely different today, so I will save that for another day!

When I was growing up my Dad had grown a wonderful climbing Honeysuckle. It always attracted so many wonderful bees and butterflies.

After a long search, a couple of years ago I found a Honeysuckle that seemed to have the same attraction for insect species, and it is now thriving in my garden. It also has the smell that always reminds me of my childhood.

Today, while I was off to do something completely different, I noticed a Bumblebee flying from Honeysuckle flower to flower, so I decided to take advantage of my good luck. It didn't stay long on the flowers so I only had one chance to get a photo, so I apologise for the poor quality.

I am a huge fan of the Bumblebee and even have a lodge, but no bee has taken up the offer of the residence!

1 comment: