Sunday 5 June 2016

30 Days Wild: Day 5

30 Days Wild: Day 5
Garden BioBlitz 

Today I took stock of my garden.
It coincides with Springwatch's  'Do Something Great'.

I searched under stones and flower pots. I shook my hedge branches, did a bit of pond dipping, and watched the birds feeding on my feeder.

I'm not dreadfully good at identification, so where I can't identify, I've put in a description!


Here is my Garden inventory:
Trees/Hedges/Plants
Apple Tree, Blackthorn, Buddleia, Field Maple, Hawthorn, Silver Birch, Spindle. Blackberry, Buttercup, Dandelion, Grasses, Honeysuckle, Marsh Marigold, Teasel, Water Lily, Wild Strawberry, Deep Pink flower (see Bumblebee photo below).

Insects/Spiders
Aphid, Black Ant, Brown/White Fly, Bumblebee, Hoverfly, Iridescent Green Fly,
Red Ant, Woodlice. Garden Spider, 3 other spider species, Small Green Caterpillar.

Birds
Blue Tit, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Great Tit, Green Woodpecker, Magpie, Sparrow, Starling, Wood Pigeon.

Other
Earth Worm, Frog, Garden Snail, Hedgehog, Lichen, Slug, Tadpole, Woodlouse.

47 items.

I was surprised not to see a single butterfly!


 Bumblebee
 Buttercup
My male Great Spotted Woodpecker with Teasel behind.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment